LinITX MikroTik L20321 MTCSWE Training Course at EU MUM Prague - 29th March - 31st March 2020
MikroTik Certified Switching Engineer (MTCSWE)
Special Early Bird Pricing Offer until 23rd February 2020!
Date: 29th March - 31st March 2020
Training Location: Hotel Pivovar Prague. It is located approximately 10 minutes walk from the MikroTik's EU MUM 2020 Venue in O2 Prague and is just 15 minutes from the city centre via Metro. There are also two large shopping centres close by the hotel. You can book direct with the hotel via their website www.hotel-pivovar.cz for a single room with breakfast from just €35 a night.
The MTCSWE course content is being led by Jono Thompson in co-operation with MikroTik. The official training course is now going through final verification by MikroTik and will be formally launched at the EU MUM in Prague. The course will be based on the latest v6.x RouterOS available at the time of the course. An MTCNA is required before taking the MTCSWE Certification. Included in the course is a free MikroTik hAP AC Lite Router to take away with you.
The MTCSWE training course is being delivered by Jono Thompson. Jono has 17 years experience in working in enterprise networks, and for the last 9 years specializing in MikroTik products. He has been a MikroTik trainer for 3 years. He has lead the development of this new course alongside other trainers and MikroTik Support Staff.
The full outline of the MTCSWE will be published by MikroTik very soon - however it will teach about the best ways to use the new MikroTik Switch range with RouterOS. This course will look at the new bridge features and will cover VLANs, (R/M)STP, Layer2 security features, Layer2 QoS and 802.1x Port based authentication. This course is designed for people deploying MikroTik's switches for small to large businesses.
The MTCSWE Qualification
The MikroTik Certified Switching Engineer (MTCSWE) qualification is only issued upon passing the MTCSWE online examination, it is not available online unless invigilated by an approved Mikrotik Trainer. In order to take the examination MikroTik require the full attendance of an official training course delivered by an approved Mikrotik Trainer. The training delivery and material used can be checked by Mikrotik at any time to ensure a high standard is maintained and therefore the student can be assured that the qualification is of worth to any potential employer. The training material is constantly being updated as each RouterOS version is updated and therefore the MTCSWE qualification is only valid for a period of three years from date of issue.
- MikroTik state that students MUST have passed the MTCNA exam at some point in the past (i.e. it's OK if the certificate has expired) before being allowed to take the MTCSWE Exam, however this does not preclude them from attending the course only. However any student without a MTCNA (expired or not) will not be permitted to take the MTCSWE Exam under any circumstances as this is contrary to MikroTik Terms and Conditions. Students with an expired MTCNA are permitted to re-take their MTCNA before taking the MTCSWE Exam. Purchase of the MTCNA Exam only is available here
- Laptop with WiFi and Ethernet ports. If laptop is non-windows based (e.g. OSX, Linux), then Winbox must be pre installed and working before arrival.
- USB Serial console cable
- two CAT5 cables, min length 2m each
- If the student is wishing to take the examination, then Photo ID will be required to prove identity before taking the exam. Acceptable types of ID are equal to that required for professional or government controlled exams. E.g. Passport, Photo Driving Licence, National ID Card.
1st /2nd Day: 09:00 - 18:00
Last Day: 09:00 - 17:00
15 minute Breaks: approx 10:30 and 15:00
30 min Lunch: 12:30
On the last day there is an optional exam which runs for 1 hour.
What is included?
- Tea/Coffee, soft drinks throughout the day.
- Buffet Lunch
- Free hAP AC Lite Router to take away with you after the course!
- Training Manual
- Free MikroTik RouterOS Level 4 License on passing examination
Note 1: We reserve the right to cancel the course, (e.g. if there are insufficient numbers of students booking the course, or the trainer falls ill). In accordance with our standard Terms & Conditions, the refund amount will only be what you have paid LinITX. Please bear this in mind when booking flights and/or hotels, especially if they are 'non-refundable"! :(
Note 2: If payment has not been made at least 14 days before the commencement date we reserve the right to cancel your booking.
Note 3: Refunds - A full refund for cancellations made at least 14 days before training date, 50% refund for 8-14 days notice and no refund for 7 days notice or less.