LinITX MikroTik SE0320 MTCSE Training Course at EU MUM Prague - 23rd March - 25th March 2020
MikroTik Certified Security Engineer (MTCSE)
Date: 23rd March - 25th March 2020
Training Location: Hotel Pivovar Prague. It is located approximately 10 minutes walk from the MikroTik's EU MUM 2020 Venue in O2 Prague and is just 15 minutes from the city centre via Metro. There are also two large shopping centres close by the hotel. You can book direct with the hotel via their website www.hotel-pivovar.cz for a single room with breakfast from just €35 a night.
The MTCSE course was introduced at the EU MuM 2018 and based on RouterOS v6. You will require a valid MTCNA certification before you can take the MTCSE exam. A MikroTik hAP AC Lite is used throughout the course which you can then take home with you.
The course is being delivered by Barry Higgins who has over 25 Years of network experience including 12 years of working with RouterOS. He qualified as a MikroTik Trainer in Feb 2016 and has since maintained a high level of training standards accumulating an average of 82% pass rate in the last 12 months with classes running typically every 2 weeks. Course materials have been considerably re-written by Barry but are still based on the original syllabus.
On top of the MikroTik outline, the MTCSE content has been increased to include the basic security practices Barry has been implementing throughout all the other courses ranging from the MTCNA, MTCRE, MTCINE and MTCIPv6 since becoming qualified. The content is reinforced with labs designed to replicate, where possible, real life examples.
The MTCSE Qualification
The MikroTik Certified Security Engineer (MTCSE) qualification is only issued upon passing the MTCSE online examination, it is not available online unless invigilated by an approved Mikrotik Trainer. In order to take the examination MikroTik require the full attendance of an official training course delivered by an approved Mikrotik Trainer. The training delivery and material used can be checked by Mikrotik at any time to ensure a high standard is maintained and therefore the student can be assured that the qualification is of worth to any potential employer. The training material is constantly being updated as each RouterOS version is updated and therefore the MTCSE qualification is only valid for a period of three years from date of issue.
- MikroTik state that students MUST have passed the MTCNA exam at some point in the past (i.e. it's OK if the certificate has expired) before being allowed to take the MTCSE Exam, however this does not preclude them from attending the course only. However any student without a MTCNA (expired or not) will not be permitted to take the MTCSE Exam under any circumstances as this is contrary to MikroTik Terms and Conditions. Students with an expired MTCNA are permitted to re-take their MTCNA before taking the MTCSE Exam. Purchase of the MTCNA Exam only is available here
- Laptop with WiFi and Ethernet ports. If laptop is non-windows based (e.g. OSX, Linux), then Winbox must be pre installed and working before arrival.
- USB Serial console cable
- two CAT5 cables, min length 2m each
- If the student is wishing to take the examination, then Photo ID will be required to prove identity before taking the exam. Acceptable types of ID are equal to that required for professional or government controlled exams. E.g. Passport, Photo Driving Licence, National ID Card.
1st /2nd Day: 09:00 - 18:00
Last Day: 09:00 - 17:00
15 minute Breaks: approx 10:30 and 15:00
30 min Lunch: 12:30
On the last day there is an optional exam which runs for 1 hour.
What is included?
- Tea/Coffee, soft drinks throughout the day.
- Buffet Lunch
- Free hAP AC Lite Router to take away with you after the course!
- Training Manual
- Free MikroTik RouterOS Level 4 License on passing examination
Note 1: We reserve the right to cancel the course, (e.g. if there are insufficient numbers of students booking the course, or the trainer falls ill). In accordance with our standard Terms & Conditions, the refund amount will only be what you have paid LinITX. Please bear this in mind when booking flights and/or hotels, especially if they are 'non-refundable"! :(
Note 2: If payment has not been made at least 14 days before the commencement date we reserve the right to cancel your booking.
Note 3: Refunds - A full refund for cancellations made at least 14 days before training date, 50% refund for 8-14 days notice and no refund for 7 days notice or less.