Turris MOX Start - Open Source Modular Router
|Price||£92.00 EXC VAT||£91.08 EXC VAT||£90.16 EXC VAT||£88.78 EXC VAT||£87.40 EXC VAT||Call Us 01449 888000|
MOX Start A basic configuration of the Turris MOX router. Marvell Armada 3720 1 GHz dual core, 1 GB DDR3 RAM, GWAN/GLAN, 1× USB 3.0 (5 V, 1.5 A on output), 1× microSD slot.
The Turris MOX is a modular router suitable for advanced home users as well as small and medium enterprises who are aware of the internet’s risks. Thanks to its secure default configuration, automatic firmware updates and adaptive distributed firewall, the MOX is very secure. The Turris MOX is also open source – it runs a free Linux operating system (based on OpenWrt) on open hardware.
This set consists of MOX A (Basic), a power source and a microSD card, representing the basic building block of the modular solution Turris MOX. It can also be used as a small server. If you add the MOX Wi-Fi add-on (SDIO), the result is a Wi-Fi router with Bluetooth support.
Build your own. Starting with the basic set, MOX Start. You can expand and iterate with one or more modules (MOX B, C, D, E, F and G) and add-ons (MOX Wi-Fi add-on (SDIO), MOX Wi-Fi add-on (mPCIe) and MOX PoE add-on) to build something that suits your use case.
- Automatic updates – with MOX, you are always running the latest firmware with all security patches. You don’t have to worry about anything.
- Attack identification – MOX can identify suspicious data streams and send information about them to the Turris headquarters. All you have to do is to enable this feature to improve your protection.
- Distributed adaptive firewall – the Turris headquarters automatically compares data received from thousands of routers in the network and if it identifies an attack, firewall updates are send right away to all Turris devices.
- Network storage (NAS) – each Turris MOX can be used as a shared network storage and can easily become your media server.
- Private cloud – Run your own cloud on MOX.
- Easy VPN – with MOX, you can set up an encrypted connection to your corporate or home network with a few clicks.
- High performance – the 1 GHz dual core processor can do everything you’d expect from it.
- Functional design – the design of the MOX with integrated antennas and without a single screw is very practical.
|Parameter||*MOX Start*||MOX Pocket Wi-Fi||MOX Power Wi-Fi||MOX Classic|
|CPU||Marvell Armada 3720 1,0 GHz dual core ARMv8 Cortex A-53|
|RAM – DDR3||1024 MB||512 MB||512 MB||512 MB|
|MicroSD card slot||✓|
|USB 3.0 (up to 5 Gbps)||✓|
|WAN port 10/100/1000 Mbps (RJ-45)||✓|
|LAN port 10/100/1000 Mbps (RJ-45)||–||–||–||✓ (4x)|
|2,5/5 GHz Wi-Fi||–||2x2 MIMO||2x2 + 3x3 MIMO||2x2 + 3x3 MIMO|
|Size W x D x H (mm)||114 x 114 x 45||114 x 114 x 45||166 x 114 x 45||218 x 114 x 45|
|AC input||100–240 V / 800 mA|
|Power frequency||50/60 Hz, Single Phase|
|Button and switch||Reset Button|
|Operating temperature||0 to 40 °C (40 to 104 °F)|
|Relative humidity||10 to 90 %|
|HW extensibility – MOX modules||1x 64 pin connector|
|HW extensibility – others||1x 34 pin GPIO (1,8 V logic)|
* By default occupied by WiFi card
** Needs additional LTE modem in the mPCIe slot.
- Turris MOX Start (MOX A)
- Power adapter 12V/2.5A
- Plastic chassis